Buying your home
A guide to buying your home from Fenland Estates
Whether you a first time buyer, a home mover or are looking to purchase additional property, you will want to ensure you secure the property you want for the best price and without complications.
It is worth remembering that the person selling the property is also looking for the best price and a sale without complications.
To put yourself at the head of the buyers queue, you may wish to consider the following:
- Give your estate agent as much information as you can about what you want. This will show them that you are a serious buyer.
- The process of advertising a property on the market will take several days at best. The selling agent will already be looking through their list of potential buyers before the property appears online or in their office window. Register your details and requirements with Fenland Estates to make sure you are one of the first to hear about new properties coming up for sale.
- If you have a property to sell and are not yet on the market to sell, at the very least make sure you have had your property valued. Again, not only will buyers consider you a serious potential buyer but you will also be certain of your own financial position if you are considering making an offer. Fenland Estates will be happy to arrange a free, no obligation valuation at a time convenient to you.
- Will you require a mortgage? If yes then speak with your adviser now. If you have had a mortgage previously you may be surprised at how much longer the mortgage approval process takes these days. If you are a first time buyer, a seller is unlikely to accept an offer to buy until you have a mortgage agreed in principle.
- When you have found the property you want and have had an offer accepted you will need to provide details of the solicitor / conveyancer acting on your behalf. By arranging this in advance you will reduce delays later and have time to arrange he best deal.
The buying process
Fenland Estates will continue to liaise with all parties involved in the sale to ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible.