Why use an agent
Before you choose a letting agent, make sure you ask them:
- Are you a member of a professional body, such as the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)?
- Do they have client money protection scheme?
- How do you find tenants & how thorough is your referencing process?
- Can you have a full list of services and charges on one page?
The legislation covering residential lettings is complex with changes to regulations occurring frequently. It is easy for the unsuspecting private landlord to make costly errors.
Advantages of letting Fenland Estates manage your tenancies include:
- Stringent vetting and referencing procedures which mean you’re more likely to attract reliable tenants
- Deposit protection scheme administration is taken care of for you giving you peace of mind.
- All of the legal paperwork in relation to your tenancy will be completed on your behalf saving you time and giving you the reassurance that you are fully compliant with current legislation.
- Rent is collected and chased up on your behalf saving you time.
- All the day-to-day property management and maintenance issues can be dealt with by Fenland Estates saving you time and
- With good knowledge of market conditions and demand, Fenland Estates are likely to be able to achieve a higher rent than you would.
- You will be kept up to date with information on current legislation affecting landlords.
- You have an objective and impartial buffer between you and your tenants.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute with your tenant, Fenland Estates can act as an experienced intermediary on your behalf.
- In the rare event that you need to evict a tenant, Fenland Estates know the correct legal process and can guide you through the process.